上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀The Master of Library and Information Science program has rolling admissions. Please consult the sections that follow for an overview of the program and guidance on the requirements and the admissions procedure.?
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀The recently introduced Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) is a 36-credit program offered by the Department of Information and Library Science in the College of Education. The program is intended for those seeking to develop or advance in careers in the information professions giving students two options to pursue their interests. These include an Individualized Program and School Library Media Program. The Individualized Program shares the core courses with School Library Media but with the expected flexibility in the choice of electives deemed appropriate for professional practice in public, academic libraries, and digital information management.
The Master of Library and Information Science is currently in candidacy status for accreditation by the American Library Association (ALA).
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀The College of Education at Southern Connecticut State University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP),?1140 19th St NW, Suite 400 Washington, DC 20036 (202) 223-0077?.?This accreditation covers the initial certification preparation program in school media in the State of Connecticut (Connecticut School Media is a K12 certification). ?CAEP?is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation to accredit programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel.
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀Please refer Graduate Admissions on general requirements and the Online Graduate Application.
Consideration for admission into the MLIS program is based on applicants meeting the minimum requirements for admission to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies as described in the Graduate Catalog under?Minimum Acceptance Standards. The standard is defined as:
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or equivalent degree for students with degrees obtained in other countries) with an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (scale A = 4.0) and the recommendation of the graduate program.
A candidate whose academic record is not sufficiently competitive may be recommended by the department's Graduate Admissions Committee to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies for Conditional Admission, but only if the applicant has demonstrated considerable promise as a result of work experiences and/or contributions to the community.
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀Students from outside the United States should consult the section titled "Admission of International Students" in the Graduate Catalog for information on expected language proficiency, etc.
When applications are successful, and acceptance communicated to the applicant by the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, students enter a program of studies.
Based on current School of Graduate and Professional Studies policies, applicants may register as part-time?non-matriculated?students in graduate courses. However, non-matriculated students may earn no more than nine credits toward a degree program.
School Library Media
Applicants interested in School Library Media should refer to the section entitled “Admission to Teacher Certification Programs” in the Graduate Catalog under?Application and Admission?for information on the following requirements:
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀Praxis Core scores, for applicants who do not hold current Connecticut Initial Educator Certification in another area.
If you are applying to the Connecticut Initial Educator or Cross Endorsement Certification program you will also need to submit a certificate of fingerprinting and background check. See?http://www.aces.org/.
All students seeking admissions to the Connecticut Initial Educator or Cross Endorsement Certification program must arrange a personal interview with the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee and/or School Media Coordinator.
The procedure for admission into the program includes several steps, with the first two taken by the applicant to initiate the process.
a) Preparation and submission of the Online Graduate Application
The Online Graduate Application can be found at Graduate Admissions.
b) Submission of the required documentation
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀Complete applications must include the following materials:
- Graduate School Application
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Official academic transcripts for?all?college-level programs the applicant has ever attempted and/or completed, with at least one transcript showing an undergraduate degree from an institution accredited by a recognized regional accrediting agency in the?United States. For students with degrees obtained outside the United States, equivalence must be established by the World Education Services, Josef Silny & Associates Evaluators, Inc., Global Credential Evaluators, Inc., or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. These are independent evaluation services recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- For applicants whose native language is not English, TOEFL scores. The Graduate School sets the minimum score needed on the TOEFL exam.
- Two letters of recommendation written by individuals in a position to describe and evaluate the applicant’s commitment and potential for academic success at the graduate level. The letters should also address the applicant’s potential ability to make meaningful professional contributions.
- A written statement (400-500 words) describing why the applicant is interested in the chosen program of study, expected contributions, and anticipated areas of professional practice.
- A current resume.
c) Review of the application file by the department’s Graduate Admissions Committee
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀Complete application files will be reviewed by the department's Graduate Admissions Committee. The Committee’s membership consists of three full-time faculty.
Completed applications are forwarded to the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee for consideration. ILS Program Coordinators often interact with students during the initial admissions process to offer preliminary advising and support for appropriate program choices. As most ILS applicants are mid-career professionals, there may be a need to evaluate prior experience, current interest and any potential concerns as students apply to a degree program. In addition, students interested in the school library media option within the degree, often need careful guidance regarding options for teacher certification as they navigate the state-mandated process. ?
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀 With formal approval in writing from the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee, students with a QPR of less than the required 3.0 may pursue one of three options.?
- If applying to the MLIS degree program with an undergraduate QPR of 2.5-2.99, they may be admitted conditionally at the discretion of the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee.? The student must achieve a B or better in each class during the first semester.
- If applying to the MLIS degree program with an undergraduate QPR below 2.5, they may take three courses (9 credits) as a non-matriculated student, and if they achieve an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher, they may reapply and be reconsidered for admission by the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee.?? ?
- If applying to the MLIS degree program and the school library media concentration with initial teacher certification, and are approved by the ILS Graduate Admissions Committee, they may request a QPR waiver through the College of Education, which requires an extensive file be prepared with a defense of the application and submitted through several levels of approval from the ILS department and the Dean of the College of Education.
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀These options have been helpful in supporting students who have been identified by the admissions committee as promising, and offering them an opportunity to pursue the degree. The decision to grant QPR waivers by the ILS Graduate Admissions committee depends on the availability of spaces for students with low QPRs (a 10 percent of enrollment limitation as an accreditation consideration and a requirement of the School of Graduate and Professional?Studies for each program), the number of other students who have asked for this consideration, and their respective qualifications/backgrounds.? The ILS Graduate Admissions Committee carefully reviews requests for consideration of QPR waivers during the regular fall and spring semesters.
d) The determination of the applicant’s qualifications and dispositional suitability for admission into the program
上海快3一期必中,上海快3一期必中口诀In making its determination and subsequent recommendation, the department's Graduate Admissions Committee will give consideration to the applicant’s entire record. Please see section on requirements for information on conditional acceptance.
e) The department’s recommendation to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Once the department's Graduate Admissions Committee makes a determination on the applicant’s suitability for the intended program of studies, a recommendation will be made to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies for its review.
f) Final determination by the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Admission decisions rest exclusively with the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, and they are communicated by the School. For applicants accepted into the program, the School’s decision concludes the process of matriculation.
Last updated: September 11, 2017